Sunday, December 2, 2007

Do you really want the truth?

When people what is wrong, what is going on with you? I always wonder do they want the truth, or do they want some sugarcoated version of it?
The majority of the time when I am asked, it seems as though I am not really expected to answer. It is just a question to pass the time by.

Would they really like to know how I am?
When I do end up speaking the truth people look horrified.
Do you understand that my entire life is run by one place, Iraq.
I may be out o the military, and I am no in Iraq, but the times and experiences, they run my life. Every passing day I feel as if I am back there, everyday I think about it, thanksgiving, Christmas, Halloween, these are not just holidays to me, they mean something deeper to me-
they make me remember.
-

No comments: