Monday, December 3, 2007

Heaven / favorite poem of mine.

Heaven lost its color today.
Love washed away in a rain from the sky above.
Sent down when the words I spoke, were no longer good enough.

Blue paint washed down my arms,
as love failed today, and all the casualties are a mystery,
as it all begins to drift away.
Each time I turn my head theres another falling star,
a forgotten love that never will be known.

In my dreams, all the colors have washed away, in a river
alongside where im standing.
I told you about this - Do you remember we stood together,
watching waters pass by,
now it seperates us becoming deeper everyday.
Cant reach across any longer,
the rivers broken you free,

Though I know if I look inside and see a world separating,
washing away on a cloudless canvas, I know I cant hold on anymore,
cant hold on forever.
Those pictures of us together always pull me in,
drowning in a picture,
all thats holding us together. Lost my sight when I feel,
now your nowhere around.
Even in this water I still hear your name.

Heaven lost its color today,
my soul is black and white,
no more dreams that i know of,
all that i see remains -
even in my thoughts theres no life,
its all gone away, you took my world away as heaven
lost its meaning.

( May 13 01/July 3rd 01/Feb 25 05)

No comments: