Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Who I am. From then to now.

Who am I?
Unless you know my email address, or the blog that I mod. with a friend, let us keep this anonymous. If you do feel as if you have come to find who I am, keep it to yourself, please.

I am a man who did two tours in Iraq, both with the 101st (AA) DIV, out of Ft. Campbell, I believe that may be all you need to know about that. I have been wounded in combat, and I have things that I wish I had never seen, things that I wonder why god let me see.

Currently I am trying to seek mental AID from the Veterans Affairs Hospital here in Tx - and I hope to show you the struggle that one has to go through for help.

Before I got out of the Military, I as having a lot of trouble sleeping, I was having constant nightmares ( I still am ) and I was turning to alcohol for help, I did seek more help from the Psychiatric services on base. There were no appointments available, there wouldn't be for weeks is what I was told. Think about that, when you seek help, there is none, so you continue with methods that may alleviate and help, the alcohol.
I remember I had already been out of the military for about three months, this was about April of 2007, and I finally received a phone call from the Psychiatric office at Ft. Campbell letting me know they could fit me in for an appointment.

Much too late. So here is my own struggle, my journey. I know I will never be the same man I was before Iraq took part of my soul - - its a part I will never ever regain.

So these are my words. Thank you for reading.

- Mr. E

No comments: